What We’re All About
About Ready Power And What Makes Us Tick.
WE WELCOME CHALLENGES: The harder the better. We have a gear for every challenge except reverse. There’s no backing up with our team when we face a challenge.
MEALS OVER INGREDIENTS: Great restaurants create value by serving meals not ingredients. We won’t give you some noodles and tell you to track down the meatballs. We believe the same holds true in construction.
TRAIN, TEACH & LEARN: We’ve learned the greatest challenge isn’t finding the most accomplished people. It’s developing them. The key to achieving our dreams is embedded in this core value.
RELATIONSHIPS ARE GREATER THAN TRANSACTIONS: The filter through which we view everything. Relationships have lasting value. Transactions don’t.
INNOVATION LEADS TO OPPORTUNITIES: Problem-solving doesn’t happen on its own. It comes from collaboration, openness & creative thinking. We foster that culture and it creates opportunities & value.
STRAIGHTEN THE SCREW: We pay attention to details If you think we’re kidding check the grooves of every switch/outlet plate screw on the next job. They’re aligned.
COMFORT. SECURITY. CONVENIENCE.
Ready Power LLC was founded in April 2009 by partners Lloyd Huck and Jeremiah Johnson in response to an overwhelming number of post Katrina requests for back up power solutions by existing commercial and residential clients of Jack’s Electric Service Inc. We are a relationship centered company founded on sound Core Values with an unwavering commitment to service.
We listened closely to what customers wanted and established Ready Power to provide it.
- Generators are our primary business, not something we do occasionally or as a sideline activity. Our focus is providing emergency power to our region.
- We design customized backup power solutions for each customer’s specific needs.
- We handle every aspect of generator installation and maintenance in house. We do not send any work to subcontractors.
- We use concrete slabs, aluminum stands and installation materials designed to last a lifetime. So you can have confidence in your generator system.
- We handle all the paperwork – surveys, permits, inspections, variances, product registration, maintenance records and warranty claims.
- We employ manufacturer certified and trained technicians.
- We service, maintain and warrant generators for hundreds of our clients and are available 24/7.
- We guaranty in writing that our installation complies with the manufacturer’s requirements and all building codes. If there’s a problem, we’ll fix it for free. Simple as that!
Over the past 10 years, our Generator Division has designed and installed thousands of back-up power solutions for our customers throughout the Gulf South. We also provide ongoing service, maintenance and warranty support.
We think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions. That innovation led to opportunities as our customers began asking us to provide more than just back-up power solutions. Their continual requests and needs led us to establish a Sports Field Lighting Division and a Federal Work Division.
We welcome challenges every day at Ready Power and look forward to handing yours.
“I have had my Ready Power generator for several years. From sales to yearly service, this company and its employees have been top notch. My technician Alex Fernandez was quick and professional. After serving the unit, he explained everything he did. Ready Power was the best decision I made as a homeowner.”
“This is a great company to have your generator installed, and for service. Everyone is very professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and easy to deal with.”
“Great company to work with! Knowledge and integrity are two words that come to mind when I think of Ready Power and its staff.”
“Corey was punctual and very professional. He took the time to help me with something on the Mobile Link app before completing our 6 month maintenance visit. Wonderful service!”
“Alex called early in the window 20 min in advance of his arrival. I advised him the gate was open and no pets, so he proceeded directly to the annual maintenance chores. Great service careful to keep clean service area. Completed within the hour.”
“Professional generator installation. Neat and clean. Demo after installation by Kaleb was thorough and helpful. Electrician Jose and plumber were neat and organized. No mess. Worked fine after install.”
“Purchased a stand-by generator. Very happy with the generator recommendation and install Ready Power provided. Will recommend Ready Power to anyone needing a new generator or an existing one serviced.”
“It was an exceptional experience. Another company took months to NOT fix my generator. Ready Power arrived within an hour and had it fixed an hour after that. Kaleb did a fantastic job, explained the situation to me in a way I could understand, and solved the problem quickly and efficiently. I plan to sign up for their service contract ASAP.”
“Very professional and knowledgeable staff from installation to generator start-up They explained every step. I would definitely recommend Ready Power.”
“Installed natural gas powered 22kw Generac whole home generator. Installation work completed in 1 day. Crew was very courteous and professional. Extremely satisfied with the service.”
“I have to commend Kaleb Hatmaker our Ready Power generator technician for his prompt arrival and superior service. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you again for our Annual Service in 2021.”
Meet the Ready Power Leadership Team
For over 20 years I was satisfied running a successful businesses. Since March 2017 our team has worked to create an outstanding one. We identified six core values that foster the development of each person and relationships with our clients. We then meticulously focused on the serving their needs and building a culture of engagement around them. We began looking at everything through the lens of these values and changed everything that was incongruent with them. Our modern day culture and industry often define success by the number of dollars yielded from transaction. We chose to represent it by the extent to which we care for and serve the needs of our employees and clients. There are no shortcuts to building a culture centered on caring for and serving the needs of others. It’s hard work. It requires a willingness by every person in the company to pour ourselves out every day for the benefit of another. If you think our culture has made us “soft” think again. It’s become a competitive weapon for us, made us an employer of choice and delivers tremendous value to clients. We are in the deep end of the pool right now, having fun and focused on growing and scaling the company over the next several years.
- Graduated 1991: BS in Accounting from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Graduated 1987: Jesuit High School – New Orleans
- Ready Power LLC, President & Member
- Jack’s Electric Service, Inc., President
- Certified Public Accountant: Malcolm M Dienes & Co.
- United States Army Reserve, Commissioned Officer
- Developer: 337 & 339 Baronne St., 921 Lafayette St, 745-49 Baronne St, 500 S. Jefferson Davis Pkwy, ICBCDC
- Permanent Deacon, Archdiocese of New Orleans Ordained 2010
Jeremiah, Owner & Sales
The humblest servant leader and most gifted person I’ve ever worked with. He put his education at Harvard on hold after Katrina to come help with the recovery in New Orleans where he coordinated work for and managed a rotating volunteer staff of 175+ people. When the Katrina recovery got traction, he came peddling up to the office of Jack’s Electric Service (our sister company) on his bicycle looking for work. In a few years, created Ready Power from the ground up and became an owner. He knows every aspect of both businesses intimately. He’s the brightest mind in both companies and a tireless leader. Even though the city recovered from Katrina, Jeremiah never stopped helping others in need. He’s accompanied several employees on their journey to full U.S. citizenship, is a regular volunteer at Covenant House and a mentor and friend to men facing the challenges of life in the inner city and incarceration. He received recognition from Inc. 5000 & Forbes in both 2016/18 for creating one of the fastest growing inner city businesses. He loves dogs, travel, cooking and meeting new people. FYI – Don’t challenge him at a game of squash.
- Graduated 2009: BA in Government from Harvard College, Cambridge, MA.
- Graduated 2001: West Henderson High School, Salutatorian
- Graduated 2016: 10,000 Goldman Sachs Small Businesses
- Graduated 2019: Louisiana’s Economic Development’s (LED) – CEO Round Table
- Graduated 2019: Small Business Association’s (SBA) – Emerging Leaders
- Graduated 2019: Emerging Philanthropist’s of New Orleans (EPNO) – Emerging Philanthropists
- Ready Power LLC, Vice-President & Member
- Jack’s Electric Service Inc., Vice President, Estimator, Project Manager
- Published author, “Let’s Go 2002.” Eagle Scout.
Sam, Services Tech Coordinator
He’s the Seal Team Leader of our generator and electrical service division. Sam has six ways to solve any problem or meet any challenge. Sam was at the helm of recruiting, training and forming the Geek Squad for Best Buy and he’s using the same leadership skills to manage and train the Ready Power “seal team” of service techs. As our relationship developed, it became apparent to me that Sam lives an integrated life (as opposed to a compartmentalized one). He embodies the core value Relationships > Transactions. Caring for, walking with and helping others become the best versions of themselves isn’t a part time activity for Sam. It’s what he does all the time not only for our team but for hundreds of other families as Pastor of Greater Zionfield Family Worship Center. He’s a “family” man in every sense, context and meaning of the word and we are blessed to have his help as we expand to meet the needs of our growing client base along the gulf coast.
- Graduated 1993: B.S. in Technical Management, RET’s Technical College
- Graduated 1991: Associate of Science, Electronic Engineering Technology, Harvard Business School of Management
- CSC ServiceWorks, Regional Operations Manager
- Best Buy/Geek Squad Corporate Campus, Service Manager
- Best Buy/Geek Squad Corporate Campus, Asset Protection Manager
- Best Buy/Geek Squad, Suwanee GA, In-Home Service Manager
- Ready Power LLC, Operations Manager
- Pastor, Greater Zionfield Family Worship Center
He built his own boat to get from Cuba to the U.S. “D” can do just about anything from welding to gas fitting and from forming and pouring concrete to rebuilding transmissions. He rose from the rank of a journeyman electrician to managing all of our industrial, commercial and residential generator installation teams as well as all of our athletic sports lighting projects. One of our core values is Train, Teach & Learn. “D” understands that the measure of our success in life and our company is not dollars and cents but the development, care and concern we have for one another. He embodies the American Dream and is living it in a way that inspires everyone around him.
- Graduated 2006: PhD in Development of People
- Graduated 2006: Master of Innovation
- Ready Power LLC, Project Manager/Foreman/Electrician
- Jack’s Electric Service Inc., Electrician